Monday, May 10, 2010

My Explanation of Pre-determinism and Validity of Human Choice

Whoa. Do you ever get deja vu sometimes, where you see something that you are sure you saw before? For me, it's a scene in my life, or a picture, like what you might see in a movie where the camera pans over objects in one's line of sight. It happens to me sometimes where I see stuff that I've seen before... perfectly. It's like I dreamed it, even though of I'd never been in that exact situation before. Sometimes that makes me think that those prophecies you find in the Bible, where God gives people visions of the future (which I believe he gives us to instill HOPE) are along these same lines as these deja vu thingies. That maybe these seemingly useless pictures of the future are snippets of what WE might see as time, but is actually like a timeline already drawn out (Back to the future II). God is outside of this timeline. No, pre-determinism does NOT exist, and our decisions DO matter. God gave humans the power of making decisions so we could choose whether or not we want to love him. If we don't, then he won't force us. Because we are inside of time, pre-determinism is not a possibility. The fact that we can make decisions is proof that pre-determinism doesn't exist. We shouldn't kid ourselves by suggesting that our decisions were the only ones we could have made. We are inside time when we make those decisions, and they are real. What we can't understand--which is God's alpha-omega perspective of our "time"--is not something we can ever attempt to analyze. We can't expect to comprehend it, because we are ignorant of it. (Don't tell me you understand God's perspective. You can't.) Right, okay. Off topic~! There's an example in which my spontaneity is unhampered by Adderall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♣Please, feel free to write something!! :) ♣