Friday, September 3, 2010

Priorities Re-organize! Final??...

Today, I got up late in the afternoon, and I didn't really know what to do next. THAT is why I've been so intent on cementing "priorities" into my head-- because I don't really have any. I don't feel strongly pulled to complete some sort of goal-- it's hard to have goals when you haven't finished school, but you're not IN school, either.

I'm lost with WHAT to do when I'm not directed... so I have to direct myself, and develop a regular routine of activities!

I need to do things because I HAVE to, as part of that routine. I'm going to start every day less like a to-do list from now on, and more like a routine. That's my problem-- I never develop a routine so that everything I do in the morning is some ridiulously difficult life-decision. Instead, I just have to LIVE!

If I DO want to make lists to remind myself of things, I have to take it seriously and come back to it the next day, EVEN WHEN I DON'T WANT TO.

If I want to spend my time studying, then that's what my life will be filled with-- studying-- not "accomplishments". I can't think of them as accomplishments-- or finished tasks-- but as my regular routine. "Accomplishing" is more limited because when you finish one task, you still need to do it again the next day. I'm obviously thinking about it in the wrong way. Until I learn how to be consistent with things, I can't look at tasks like a game anymore, because it's never-ending-- there ISN'T a finish line yet.

I made a better priorities list-- it's basically the same, except a little bit rearranged.

1. pray
2. work
3. beauty
4. fatloss
5.|| 
6. BIBLE
7. PIANO
8. THEORY
9. JAPANESE

(CAPITALIZED=studies
lowercase=regular
|| is "pause")

This order works a lot better.  It's time to take them more seriously, make a routine out of them, and do it even when I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♣Please, feel free to write something!! :) ♣