Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trick me to do hmwk!

So, I've discovered even more details on how to get myself to study when I don't want to (I REALLY have trouble actually starting).

I guess, for me, that studying is easier when I start while doing something else. Like, I don't mind studying if I started while I was eating, because I feel like I'm doing something useful that I want to be doing, and by the time I've been working on homework for a while, I've already started and I have the need to finish. But sometimes I just don't want to start and I haven't been able to get over it until I thought of this way.

Also, right now I'm going to start while snacking and listening to music in my room, at my desk. But first, I'm going to put a rubber band on my chair leg, attaching a ribbon, then tie my leg to the chair in a bow. This will remind me not to leave until the homework is finished. If I do leave, I have to come back ASAP.

This will at least help me get some better habits that result in better grades. I may never cultivate a habit of studying regularly just to study, but if I can devise a sort of way to trick myself into doing it because I'm doing something else at the same time, it's a different things than just "studying regularly" but still accomplishes basically the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♣Please, feel free to write something!! :) ♣