Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Study method!

I need to find a state of mind where learning can be fostered. I haven't been able to do it yet, because when I start most tasks, I feel worried that I won't finish them. (This might seem weird to you, but to me, I seriously can't keep from feeling this way.) So my productivity is about 50-75% less than it could be, because I just can't focus.

I'm going to fix this by studying everyday, probably at a certain time, but especially a certain amount of time -- two hours. The first hour, I'm going to work on the homework I've been most recently assigned. The second hour, I will work on a concept or idea, and try to understand it, or practice it.

First hour: study/homework/assignment
Second hour: practice a main principle from class, a skill, or work on my own that I think will help my performance in the subject area. (I.e. singing intervals so I recognize 2nds, fourths, major and minor sixths, etc., or practicing recognition of key signatures, or sight-reading with my voice.)

So I've got to find two hour of study time every day of the workweek, and Sunday too.

Sounds like a good way to succeed:) That's what I haven't done yet.

1 comment:

♣Please, feel free to write something!! :) ♣